بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
In the name of Allah
the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful
Based on surveys done by the Welfare Bureau, a memorandum was written and submitted to the Campus Director of IIUM Kuantan, Prof. Dato’ Dr. Kamaruzaman Wan Su during Talhah's Appreciation Night on the 9th of March 2011.
These are the contents of the memorandum:
1. Internet coverage (wi-fi) is too slow and some of the rooms did not receive the coverage, and it is difficult for the students to compete their assignments.
2. There is no fence at mahallah, including brothers' mahallah which are Block 11 and 14. This issue is very important regarding student safety during at night and burglary in particular.
3. Problem with speaker for the announcement of each mahallah.
Due to lack of speaker, students have to face with a lot of matter especially for maintenance purposes. Even IP have been remind to use siren before enter to female’s block, but it do not work. Other than that, residents at Mahallah Talhah also get the least information compared to Mahallah Maimunah about update of programmes, safety, awareness and etc. Therefore, it is necessary to put enough speakers and PA system at each mahallah.
4. Kiosk (lack of items, prices too expensive and unfriendly shopkeeper )
5. Block 1 need coverage to cover their balconies to avoid from people from seeing them especially from the cafe , because based on the rooms that they are currently residing in, there is only one person for each room and this might pose difficulties for them to move (from one room to another).
6. The cleanliness at cafe is very poor.
7. The pond water under the cafe is extremely dirty and smelly, especially after it rains.
8. Maintenance of gymnasium is poor as well as television room.
9. Block 11 and 14 need compartments and fan ventilation because the rooms easily become dusty and wet especially during sunny days. This is due to the developmental progress is going on nearby the mahallah block.
It is hoped that with the handing of an official memorandum regarding the students'/residents' complaints to higher level university management, these issues will be brought to their attention and hence reach a faster solution.